The National Western Center’s new, 527,000 square-foot Equestrian Center will be one of the nation’s premier centers for year-round horse shows and events. It will foster a greatly improved visitor and exhibitor experience and provide the capacity to host a wider range of equestrian shows and activities that, taken together, are expected to boost equestrian-event attendance by 440,000 visitors a year.
The Equestrian Center will include:
- A 4,000-seat Arena that will be multi-use with a 360-degree configuration.
- A 132,000-square-foot horse barn with nearly 600 stalls.
- 120-by-120-foot covered paddock directly connected to the Arena.
- A spacious Lobby and Ticketing Area.
- Indoor space for exhibitors and vendors.
- Easy access to the adjoining Colorado State University Animal Health Building, which will include the Temple Grandin Equine Center, the Equine Sports Medicine Center, and a Community Small Animal Veterinary Clinic.
- A multi-level parking garage directly adjacent to the north of the Equestrian Center.